Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy Relief Operation

Sec. Che-Che's Column


While I was watching the news of the Tropical Storm Ondoy and the great flood it left in Luzon, I can't help but feel for all of the victims.. Hundreds of lives lost, homes destroyed, and people still missing until this date. How can they go back to their normal lives after what happened? Just losing my celphone made me really sad and bummed out what more losing everything you have worked for your whole life? I got teary-eyed just watching in my air-conditioned room, lying down on my comfortable bed. I felt I had to do something... anything. It all started with a text brigade that I forwarded to all Rotarians in my club (RC Roxas), a few Rotarians from Metro Roxas and Metro Roxas Central who are in my phone book. I Also forwarded the message to my family and friends. I thought that we got a lot of help from our friends in Manila during Typhoon Frank. It's time to return the favor. They need us now. I was surprised with the turn out of my simple text brigade. It was heart warming that a lot helped, gave donations, in any way they can.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS:

* Rtn. Powell del Rosario for the assorted dried fish
* Rtn. Sanny Abella Vito, Rtn. Mariz Gepilano, and Rotakid RJ Gepilano for the 1 sack Rice, assorted dried fish, canned goods, noodles, coffee, clothes, and a box medicines.
* Tanque Elementary School (SPED) for the Dried fish, a box of assorted canned goods and noodles, 3 boxes of clothes, and P100 cash.
* Brenda del Rosario for the assorted clothes
* Jay Borress / Kreyativo for a crate of Dried fish
* Pres. Federico Acepcion and Sharon Ravena for the 2 crates Dried fish and a box of medicines
* Rtn. Raymund Locsin for the 3 sacks Rice
* Rtn. Tony Selda for the 2 balikbayan boxes of clothes, shoes and beddings
* Bernabeth Magallanes for a crate of Dried fish
* Lisa Gepanayao for the Canned goods and noodles
* Robert and Renita Young for the 3 balikbayan boxes of infant and adult clothing
* Rtn. Jerry Olson for the 3 boxes of clothes and undergarments
* Rtn. Herbert Chu for the box of noodles
* Rtn. Danilo Gallega, Jr. and Ramero Unating for the box of noodles
* Collegio Dela Purisima Concepcion for the boxes of Rice, noodles, clothes and canned goods
* Rtn. Cynthia Artillero for the 4 crates of dried fish
* Dr. Nora Cambas for the P1,000 cash
* Rommel Lastimoso for the crate of Dried fish
* Rtn. Raymund Malapajo for the P10,000 cash
* PP Megs Lunn for the P1,000 cash
* First Assembly Church for the 2 sacks of clothes
* Cong. Ramon A. Arnaldo High School for the 11 sacks of clothes, rice, boxes of assorted canned goods, coffee, noodles, and dried fish

All cash donations were used to buy 100 kilos of dried fish.

Thank you Abs-Cbn Roxas and PAL for bringing our donations to Manila.

Thank you Rotary Club of Forbes Park for receiving and distributing our donations to the victims.

Thank you also for the staff of MAIL AND MORE Roxas for picking up some donations, repacking, and loading everything to be sent out to Manila.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :)

Rtn. Che-Che del Rosario-Lastimoso

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's always nice to know that there are people from the Philippines who are really whole heartedly willing to help fellow Filipinos na sadyang nahihirapan sa panahong ganito.

    ReplyDelete