Friday, December 4, 2009

45 YEARS GREETINGS - Villacin


To the officers and members of the Rotary Club of Roxas (main)

At the outset I would like to thank you for your kind invitation to join you on the occasion of your anniversary celebration.

As a charter member and past president of your club, I feel that this memorable occasion is the best opportunity for me to warmly greet and sincerely congratulate all of you for the phenomenal growth of your club.

I need hardly mention the fact that the birth of the Rotary Club of Roxas city (main) was as important as it was the most significant event that ever occurred in Roxas City few years back. For one thing, it had institutionalized community services and civic activities, and for another, it had laid down the very foundation upon which congenial social relationship can be anchored, the club, as it is having one of its basic principles service above self.

Today, my Rotarian friends, your Club proudly stands strong and resilient not any different from a molave tree that can capably survive the onslaught of raging storm. Such a positive development had elicited gratification from me, who had been privileged to be one of those who brought about its birth and subsequently helped to nurse it to health during its infancy. I am certain that you too share with me such a gratification.

At this juncture, permit me to sound the caveat that your club, like all clubs for that matter, is dynamic organization; accordingly, it is expected to capably meet the formidable changes and challenges of the future. Above all else, do not forget that your club is not limited by any fixed term but is perpetual in its existence. Such being the case, it is incumbent upon you to chart its future. If truth be told, the future of your club is now. Undoubtedly, your club can become stronger and more robust than it was heretofore, but only, I say emphatically, if you the members will exert your determined and energetic efforts to make it such.

I feel strongly, in this regard, that it is pertinent for me to underscore that fact that the discernible growth of your club over the years can only be sustainable if you, the members are tightly united in acting on all myriad club issues with utmost objectivity without being dictated by selfish personal interest. Needless to say, that must be coupled by the fact that your officers at the helm of your club must not only be steadfast and dedicated to the noble precepts of Rotary, but must also be visionary. Equally important, observe strictly and assiduously the rules, precepts and goals of Rotary.

By way of conclusion, permit me to reiterate my thanks for your kind invitation and to express my best wishes that the Rotary Club (main) of Roxas City can over time approximate, if not equal, the strength of the older clubs in our country today in terms of enhanced civic activities and wider membership base.

Thank you,

ATTY. JOSE L. VILLACIN

Charter Member



No comments:

Post a Comment