Wednesday, July 5, 2017

JULY 5 PATIYOG BULLETIN

PRESIDENT'S COLUMN
by: Pres. Megs Lunn

Greetings to all!

Welcome to our 1st Rotary meeting for RY 2017-2018. It is with pleasure and honor to also welcome tonight’s new members to be inducted in the club.  We are lucky to have you and may we work hand-in-hand to make a difference in the world.

When you discover the value of what you do in Rotary, no matter how far or near, we do not need to have fear. Making a difference in the life of others is a beautiful thing and it pleases the Lord. We are here because God has blessed us so much that in turn we are to bless others all the more.

Thank you for coming tonight! Cheers!

- Megs 

****

SECRETARY'S COLUMN
by: Sec Tonette Figueroa

With great power comes great responsibility”, this quote from Voltaire struck my mind during the turnover ceremony for the Secretary position  of the Rotary Club of Roxas City.  I am both overwhelmingly happy and at the same time anxious because my predecessor was top of the line as she awarded as the Most Outstanding Secretary in  the whole district.  As the incoming Secretary, I know that the members have a lot of expectations on how I will function. But in every aspect of my life, whether good or bad, I regard these things as blessings from above and will not be given to me if I cannot handle them well. More so, the present Officers and members of my club are very supportive of me since day 1, thus, I am hopeful that I will give justice to the Secretary position. I feel passionate about this position and I know that I will greatly be able to serve you all.

As incoming club secretary, I am primarily responsible for maintaining membership records; recording  attendance at meetings; maintaining  minutes of club, board, and committee meetings and monitoring  club trends to help identify strengths and areas for improvement.  With these various tasks,  I feel that I will be able to fulfill the Secretary position with the guidance and support of the whole club.  I thank everyone for the opportunity, just being here having to hold the title is a reward on its own. I look forward to serving  you with my best. Also,  please take note of the new set of officers  of our club whose induction is set on the 21st of July.


****

Dates to remember:

INDUCTION—JULY 21, 2017
TOSP—JULY 22-24, 2017


****

ROTARY'S INFORMATION

by: PDG Mark Ortiz

The 31 words worth remembering when someone asks, “What is a Rotary club?”

"Rotary is an organization of business and professional person united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.”

Source: Steve Garret, District Governor 1994-1995, RC Pico Rivera, CA, USA






No comments:

Post a Comment