Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ang Bag-O Nga Patiyog - Sept. 17, 2010, MY AG JOURNAL

continuation from last issue....AG Pip Acepcion


My next stop was RC Metro Roxas-Central (September 2, Tuesday). This is actually my second attempt to attend their meeting; the first was postponed due to small member turnout due to the heavy rain. President Sally was also not available at that time. I had a short chat with some of the members present and decided to postpone the assembly the following week.

The meeting was held at a new venue and seemed that the activity was just prepared for the purpose of my visit. It was a fireside meeting held over lunch with not the usual Rotary protocol. I was made to give my lecture immediately after lunch followed with a short Q and A. Meeting was adjourned afterwards with not much time for fellowship. I excused myself at this instant and hope to join them again much longer in their future activities.

Last Thursday, September 2, I had the pleasure of visiting the Rotary Club of Metro Kalibo at their clubhouse. PP Megs Lunn toured me around Kalibo to kill time until the 7pm meeting. She was even gracious to treat me to a facial and encouraged me to start writing this journal for Ang Patiyog. She also went with me to the RC Metro Kalibo meeting where we were met by President Ely and spouse. Secretary Jerome Barrios was the emcee for the night and the meeting was called to order a quarter before 8. The Rotarian spouses prepared a sumptuous dinner spread. This provided a good opportunity to touch base with good old friends from the club and with their new members as well.

The meeting was resumed as soon as PP Rod Solidum arrived. He was the one who introduced me by relating the chronology of events during Typhoon Frank. It was an unfortunate opportune time that made our clubs work together right at the start of the Rotary Year, two years ago.

My meeting with the RC Metro Kalibo was both nostalgic and fruitful. PP Rod handed his check for PHF and has offered partnership, as well, with our club for a literacy project in Carles, Iloilo.

No comments:

Post a Comment