Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bulletin August 20 - This is worth sharing...

"I pledge to not be a cog in the Rotary wheel, but to be part of its driving force. To make my Rotary attendance a joy and not a burden. To serve my club in any capacity in which I am asked to serve. To be an ambassador from my vocation to my club, my community and society, as I know I must vindicate my affiliation with Rotary. To recognize my community as my particular plot of ground to till, not only for my security, but for all of mankind. To be proud to associate with people of all colors, creeds, and races, knowing with the deep conviction that international understanding is the root and not the fruit of international peace. To put Rotary to work where I work. To live Rotary where I live. Or, in other words, not to be just a member, but to be a Rotarian."

This pledge came from the February 1985 Rotarian, article by Bernard Schaefer

No comments:

Post a Comment